[APPLICATIONS HAVE CLOSED FOR THIS ROUND.PLEASE CHECK BACK IN THE FALL!]Unsettled Global Experience Leader PositionFull-Time / Part-Time Positions Available, Starting ASAPApplication Deadline: July 20th, 2017
Always dreamed of helping others explore the world through travel? Do you love building global communities, connecting people to their passions, and curating remarkable shared experiences?
If this sounds like you, then read on. Unsettled is hiring Experience Leaders from around the world to lead our 30-day experiences.
WHAT IS UNSETTLED?
Unsettled is a community for those who embrace the unknown and value meaningful human connection. Who believe that feeling a little bit "unsettled" is a positive impulse for change, innovation, and exploration.
We curate month-long experiences for those who seek to take their work, life, and adventures beyond traditional borders in some of the world’s most inspiring destinations. These retreats are designed for entrepreneurs, creatives, and independent workers who thrive in movement, and for those who are going through transitions in life.
From Bali to Buenos Aires, Medellin to Cape Town, we provide participants with everything needed to be connected, comfortable, and collaborative -- a private room, coworking space, a local host, and an immersive community experience that challenges participants to live fully and freely.
EXPERIENCE LEADER ROLE DESCRIPTION:
Unsettled Experience Leaders are the heart and soul of these 30-day experiences. They are the conductors, facilitators, planners, hosts, guides, and companions for curated groups of 25-40 highly creative and talented working professionals from around the world.
The primary role of an Experience Leader is to “run the show”, by providing leadership and support for participants during these transformational travel experiences. That includes:
• Implementing the core Unsettled experience, by planning and facilitating workshops, welcome activities, reflection opportunities, local field trips, and more.
• Coordinating and planning with our Location Managers to ensure a seamless experience for participants.
• Leading by example, and living by the value set that is the bedrock of our community’s culture.
• Communicating actively, openly, and honestly with participants, staff, and partners. You have the foresight to predict when conflicts, group dynamics, or problems arise and solve them in real time, before they escalate.
Everyone wants to lead epic travel experiences. But being a great Unsettled leader takes more than that, and it’s demanding but incredibly rewarding. We train each of our Experience Leaders to run our core curriculum, to implement our values and culture, and to expertly lead a radically different type of personal and professional growth experience.WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A COMMUNITY CREATOR. You are an experienced community builder. All your life, you have guided people into the unknown -- be it spiritually, physically, or mentally. You are a keen observer and are always looking for opportunities to build strong relationships, positive group dynamics, and meaningful discussions.
A CUSTOMER-ORIENTED PROFESSIONAL . You know what it takes to work in international travel and hospitality. You’re obsessively customer oriented; always working to manage and exceed their expectations. You understand that your role is to put participants first and to do what it takes to ensure they have the experience of a lifetime. You know that in hospitality, above all else, you have to earn people’s trust and respect before you can lead them on a transformational travel experience.
AN AVID LEARNER. You are equal parts teacher and student, and love asking the “big questions” as much as listening to and facilitating discussions. You have extensive experience in group facilitation, teaching, running workshops, holding space and challenging people to be their best.
AN ALL-IN MINDSET. You love the hustle of running events, and you know the importance of being highly organized, thorough, and paying close attention to the details. You’re not about the 9-5, but about getting the job done and doing it well. You’re not above the late nights or administrative work because you know what it takes to create the kinds of experiences that Unsettled is known for. You’re all in.
ROLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESPre-Trip Responsibilities:In the 6-weeks leading up to a program, you will be responsible for:• Providing pre-departure support to participants via a variety of our communication tools• Reviewing participants information to identify patterns, themes, and opportunities for the month• Coordinating with the Location Manager in your destination and your supervisor at Unsettled to plan, organize, and execute on necessary planning tasks
Experience Responsibilities:During the program, you will be responsible for:
• Planning and running our core program and activities• Regularly communicating with the Location Manager to plan, organize, and problem solve for upcoming events and ongoing operations• Finding and highlighting opportunities for personal growth, local immersion, and adventure for Unsettled participants• Reading individual and group dynamics on the fly and addressing the needs or challenges of participants as soon as they arise, if not earlier• Positively and actively facilitating discussions and organized learning, and supporting individual participants when they organize user-led workshops and activitie• Managing and tracking experience expenses and handling administrative tasks for recording the details of the month
This is a full-time position while you are running a retreat (though not necessarily a full-time position year round). You can expect to be on call at odd hours and days throughout the entire month. However, you will have time to yourself throughout the month and Unsettled recognizes the importance for our Experience Leaders to have time away from the participants, so we have set days each month (your “weekends”) that we ask you to find some space between you and the main activities.
• 5+ Years experience in teaching, training, coaching, facilitation or related fieldOR• 5+ Years experience in the hospitality industry or leading travel experiences for a similar professional target market
• Experience building and growing diverse communities• Exceptional event planning, management, and organizational skills• Proven ability to work in diverse cultures, environments, and with staff from different backgrounds• Comfortable and experienced working in remote environments• Fluent in English, with conversational abilities in at least 1 other language• Ability to travel for 6-8 months out of the year.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a journey into the unknown, and, if you are willing to lead Unsettled participants there, it will be a transformative journey for both you and our participants. Direct benefits include:
• Monthly pay which is competitive and commensurate according to applicant’s experience• Flights and ground transportation in country (as needed)• Accommodations throughout the month and 3 day before and after the experience• All amenities provided to participants (coworking space, SIM cards, local adventures, field trips, etc.)• Joining an incredibly passionate and rapidly growing team with a truly global vision
HOW TO APPLY
Sounds like you? Do you think you have what it takes to go above and beyond the call of duty?Please email email@example.com no later than July 20 with your CV and a cover letter answering one of the following questions:
(1) What has been your greatest lesson as a leader? Describe the position you were in and what you learned.
(2) How would you measure success in this position as an Unsettled Experience Leader? Describe the goals, metrics, and approach you would personally commit to.
(3) What is your most unique skill, approach, or perspective that you would bring to the Unsettled community?
We will interview the most competitive applicants and regret that we cannot reply to all who apply. Early applicants will be given priority.