Eralee Rivera

Home // Unsettled | Our Community // Profiles // Eralee Rivera

Homebase:
Currently traveling through South America. I’m moving back to the US next year.

Unsettled destination:
Buenos Aires

What do you do for work?

I’m a design researcher or what some may call a people’s nerd. I help organizations learn about the people they are designing experiences for, and test assumptions by using human-centered design methods.

When do you feel most alive?

Feeling a bit scared when engaging in a new experience and then feeling glad I tried it. Most recently was hiking in Bolivia despite my fear of heights.

What does adventure mean to you?

Not having an expected end goal in mind. Trying it out for the fun of it and enjoying the moment. It doesn’t have to be something big. Trying different fruits in Medellin’s fruit market was quite an adventure.

Why did you join Unsettled?

I was looking for a mix of curated cultural experiences, a group of travelers to explore a new city with and having time to explore on my own. Unsettled’s semi-structured program was a great fit.

What does living Unsettled mean to you?

“Living Unsettled to me means trying out a different way of living in a new city that may be very different from your own. Living Unsettled in South America for me has been exploring a more social lifestyle. Late-night dinners and dancing with the Unsettled group has made that exploration easier and more fun.”

What Next? Explore Unsettled!

Discover the Experience

Ready To Join Us?

Explore our Locations

Unsettled is a global community for those who embrace the unknown and value meaningful human connection. Our mission is to inspire a lifelong pursuit of growth, meaning, and adventure through travel and shared experiences.