Welcome to Playa Santana. Your Journey Begins Now.
Imagine yourself working steps from the roaring surf of the pacific ocean. You’re surrounded by vibrant jungle sounds, strangers who’ve quickly become like family, and conversations that fade late into the evening after a long day of work & waves.
Welcome to Playa Santana, Nicaragua, where we’re hosting 20 people from creative and entrepreneurial backgrounds around the world to live, work, surf and explore together for two weeks. This remote and hidden cove is a surfer’s paradise, and an idyllic location to take an intentional break from your routine, find new perspective, build new relationships, and grow new ideas. The goal is to disconnect to reconnect, remind ourselves of what’s truly important, and live with intention and purpose with an incredible community of peers.
Playa Santana, Nicaragua
No current retreat dates available for this location. See our travel page for current locations and dates.
The Community and Experience
The Unsettled is a community for those who refuse to settle in their pursuit of growth, meaning, and adventure. We bring together creatives, entrepreneurs, and the intellectually curious who seek to replace routine with adventure. You will share this retreat with like-minded peers who hold a wealth of experience far deeper than just their careers and join our growing community of Unsettled alumni spread out over 80 countries around the world.
Read what Unsettled alumni are saying about their experience.
This experience is about you. It’s about taking an intentional break from your routine, finding new perspective, building new relationships, growing new ideas, and exploring with intention among an incredible backdrop of people and place.
There’s little to do in this tiny outpost. In fact, that’s the point. With miles of stunning coastline and three of arguably the best surf spots in Nicaragua a short walk or tuk-tuk ride away, there’s no better place on earth to drop out of the urban jungles, strip back the bullshit, and reconnect to the things that matter.
You can expect regular family-style dinner parties, peer-to-peer workshops, poolside discussions and weekend excursions. You’ll live on a basic yet comfortable 15-acre ranch, with private or shared rooms and a laid-back community vibe. You’ll have a workspace on site, a local SIM card, daily breakfast and coffee, yoga, and more.
I could not have asked for a better experience than I got in Nicaragua. Unsettled allowed me to step away from my daily life and really evaluate what is meaningful and valuable to me in my everyday world. I also made a group of lifelong friends that I would have never met otherwise. I highly recommend this experience to anyone needing some perspective.
Here is a life-changing experience which is perfectly suited for anyone with a sense of adventure. This is not just about work or networking. This is an opportunity to connect with a group of amazing people and to share a part of your soul with them. It is a chance to unwind in a beautiful setting, to find yourself, and to exist without judgment…
I’m highly independent and typically avoid anything related to group travel, but I loved the semi-structured setup at Unsettled. I was surprised to see how much I ended up looking forward to spending time with the group which I believe was a result of how impressive each person was in their own way.
- A private or shared room in one of 7 unique villas on the property
- A full-time Unsettled Experience Leader & local staff member who are there to facilitate workshops, organize activities and connect you to what’s happening each week.
- Shared airport transfer (pickup and drop-off from Managua)
- Daily breakfast & bottomless coffee
- Free yoga classes 5x per week
- Dedicated 12mb/s internet, plus shared 3g wifi USB sticks & personal local SIM cards for backup tethering.
- Weekly lunch and learns, welcome activities & party, BBQs, peer-to-peer workshops, goal setting sessions, and closing dinner.
- Curation and organization of various small trips, tours, and activities ranging from surf lessons to yoga classes, horseback riding, and more (most class/tour fees not included)
- An open calendar, and time to fill it with whatever you’d like.
- Post-trip access to great alumni perks and benefits, including special discounts, alumni trips, and a global community of over 2500 alumni from 80+ countries.
Start your Unsettled journey today!
Ready to join us in Nicaragua for the adventure of a lifetime?
Unsettled is a global community for those who embrace the unknown and value meaningful human connection. Our mission is to inspire a lifelong pursuit of growth, meaning, and adventure through travel and shared experiences.