Unstructured | Unbounded | Unexpected
Experiences that push you to live more.
At Unsettled, we travel to live differently. To redefine our routine. To create a space where we can challenge our comfort zone, and discover how we can each pursue growth, meaning, and adventure in our lives.
And unlike anything you’ve experienced, an Unsettled sailing retreat is where you practice living your fullest. For 7 days, you will learn how to sail and navigate our boats, cook meals as a family unit, and ask the deeper questions on this grand journey into the unknown….
There’s a reason you’ll find our founders on these trips. A reason why these sell out early…
Welcome to Unsettled Sailing.
30 to 50 crew of all ages and from all over the world, 3 to 6 boats, and one hell of an adventure. You will get close with your crew, learn the ropes of sailing, share stories under the stars, cook family style meals, and live every moment to its fullest.
Want to skip the details and apply? Be our guest…
Ready to join us? Upcoming Sailing Destinations…
The BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS
Upcoming Dates TBA
Upcoming dates TBA
Baja California, Mexico
Upcoming dates TBA
Our Guiding Philosophy
We bring together artists and entrepreneurs, designers and developers, teachers and activists from over 80 countries, but when out on the water, it doesn’t matter much what you do, but who you are. Come sailing with Unsettled to simply be who you are.
In Baja, we sail into a true wilderness area. In the Bahamas, we snorkel the oldest coral reefs in the world. And in the BVI, we eat fresh lobster, dance by a beach fire, and ask introspective questions while crossing the Sir Francis Drake Channel.
Each boat has a co-created purpose that guides this journey, and your are the chief inspiration officer, the minister of cuisine, or the navigator of the unknown. You spark the conversations, decide when to throw a dance party, and what time happy hour is.
The Unsettled Sailing Experience
In a typical day sailing with the Unsettled community, expect to:
- Sail 4-6 hours each day, learning something new each day
- Have an easy going lunch under sail or at a beautiful beach pitstop
- Anchor in the afternoon to go swim, to a beach, or just hang out on our boats
- Explore uninhabited islands
- Snorkel reefs or go hike on shore
- Host a dinghy race, costume party, and just goof off as much as you like
- Cook family style dinners under the stars on your boat’s BBQ
- Host a party, poetry night, or inspirational happy hour
- Build a beach fire on shore and open your wonderment to the starry sky
- Sleep under the stars and wake up to do it all over again
- 6 days and 7 nights on a modern sailing yacht that’ll take you through national parks, secluded moorings, and beautiful seaports
- A skipper on each boat, who happen to be Unsettled founders, staff, alumni and best friends, who guide you through this week
- Docking and mooring fees, permits, route planning, and all of the logistics and planning to make this happen
*Provisions and alcohol are not included.
**$150 discount if you bring a friend (for both you and your friend).
Sailing Greece: The Details!
Beautiful landscapes, secluded islands, Mediterranean cuisine, art, history, philosophy… the Ancient Greeks had it made when they were laying the foundation of Western Civilization a few thousand years ago.
In June 2020, Unsettled is heading back to the Mediterranean to soak up its summer sun, beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, and amazing food! We have over 220 islands to choose from this week, and we are going to get as much of it in as we can.
We will sail Greece’s Cyclades Islands, and visit some of its most beautiful beaches, ancient villages, top party spots, and best dive sites. But with Unsettled, we always take it a step further. Imagine creating our own floating Unsettled society this week by adapting the foundations from Ancient Greece and exploring art, philosophy, food, and a much more mobile life in 2020.
- Sail among 220 islands in the Cyclades archipelago
- Explore wild beaches and the relaxed, rural ambiance of European island life
- Go out in some of Greece’s famous summer hotspots
- Spend long days swimming in cobalt blue waters, drinking local wine, and eating fresh, local food
- Discover impressive architecture, colorful buildings rising from the sea, and ancient sites
- Meet Unsettled alumni from all over the world, as this trip is popular among our alumni!
Departure Location: Athens, Greece
Reschedule Dates Coming Soon
Pricing: Unsettled Alumni: $1300 USD | Guests & New Unsettlers: $1600 USD
Are you interested in creating a private, custom sailing retreat with Unsettled? If you have a crew and you want Unsettled to create a one-of-a-kind, transformational experience on the water for your team, family, or friends, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how we can set one up in dozens of locations around the world for you.
Unsettled is a community for those who refuse to settle in their pursuit of growth, meaning, and adventure. We bring together creatives, entrepreneurs, artists, freelancers, and the intellectually curious misfits from over 80 countries who seek to replace routine with adventure in destinations around the world.
Our experiences are not itinerary-driven. Rather, we provide a platform for you explore, connect, and discover a new destination at your own pace. With a calendar full of events to choose from, local experts to connect you to the city, and a curated community to explore with, Unsettled is a shared experience for people who don’t do group travel.