Unsettled: Sailing30 Friends | 3-5 Sailing Yachts | 1 Incredible Week
Unstructured | Unbounded | Unexpected
Experiences that push you to live more.
At Unsettled, we travel to live differently. To redefine our routine. To create a space where we can challenge our comfort zone, and discover how we can each pursue growth, meaning, and adventure in our lives.
And unlike anything you’ve experienced, an Unsettled sailing retreat is where you practice living your fullest. For 7 days, you will learn how to sail and navigate our boats, cook meals as a family unit, and ask the deeper questions on this grand journey into the unknown….
There’s a reason you’ll find our founders on these trips. A reason why these sell out early…
Welcome to Unsettled Sailing.
30 to 40 crew of all ages and from all over the world, 3 to 5 boats, and one hell of an adventure. You will get close with your crew, learn the ropes of sailing, share stories under the stars, cook family style meals, and live every moment to its fullest.
Want to skip the details and apply? Be our guest…
Ready to join us? Upcoming Sailing Destinations…
THE EXUMAS, BAHAMAS
Jan 25 – Feb 1, 2020
June 6 – 13, 2020
Our Guiding Philosophy
We bring together artists and entrepreneurs, designers and developers, teachers and activists from over 80 countries, but when out on the water, it doesn’t matter much what you do, but who you are. Come sailing with Unsettled to simply be who you are.
In Baja, we sail into a true wilderness area. In the Bahamas, we snorkel the oldest coral reefs in the world. And in the BVI, we eat fresh lobster, dance by a beach fire, and ask introspective questions while crossing the Sir Francis Drake Channel.
Each boat has a co-created purpose that guides this journey, and your are the chief inspiration officer, the minister of cuisine, or the navigator of the unknown. You spark the conversations, decide when to throw a dance party, and what time happy hour is.
The Unsettled Sailing Experience
In a typical day sailing with the Unsettled community, expect to:
- Sail 4-6 hours each day, learning something new each day
- Have an easy going lunch under sail or at a beautiful beach pitstop
- Anchor in the afternoon to go swim, to a beach, or just hang out on our boats
- Explore uninhabited islands
- Snorkel reefs or go hike on shore
- Host a dinghy race, costume party, and just goof off as much as you like
- Cook family style dinners under the stars on your boat’s BBQ
- Host a party, poetry night, or inspirational happy hour
- Build a beach fire on shore and open your wonderment to the starry sky
- Sleep under the stars and wake up to do it all over again
- 6 days and 7 nights on a modern sailing yacht that’ll take you through national parks, secluded moorings, and beautiful seaports
- A skipper on each boat, who happen to be Unsettled founders, staff, alumni and best friends, who guide you through this week
- Docking and mooring fees, permits, route planning, and all of logistics and planning to make this happen
*Provisions and alcohol are not included.
**$150 discount if you bring a friend (for both you and your friend).
The exumas, bahamasJanuary 25 - February 1, 2020 | 20 People | 2 Yachts
Unsettled Alumni: $1300 USD
Guests & New Unsettlers: $1600 USD
*20% of trip proceeds go directly to Bahamas’ relief efforts, and 100% of carbon footprint will be offset for each participant.
+ The Exumas, Bahamas Details
This January, in the peak of the Northern Hemisphere’s winter, we will be sailing in one of the world’s top sailing destinations, the Bahamas, where we will island hop among the Exumas, a 130 mile long chain of islands with countless beaches, reefs, lagoons, and anchorages waiting for us.
As many of you have heard, the northern islands of the Bahamas were recently devastated by Hurricane Dorian. While the Exumas and our boats were safe from the storm, more than 50% of Bahamas’ GDP depends on the travel industry. 1 out of 2 jobs is in travel. The vast majority of the livelihoods there depend on a thriving travel sector.
We are more committed than ever to going to the Bahamas this January, and we will contribute to the long road ahead through the economic impact of our trip that support jobs, fair wages, local taxes that support recovery efforts, and sharing the true natural beauty of these islands and their communities with our community.
In addition, we are also committing to:
- Making this a carbon-neutral trip, off-setting 100% of the carbon from all flights, food, and transport as we travel through the Bahamas.
- Donating 20% of our proceeds to relief and recovery efforts in the Bahamas.
- Actively seeking alternative ways in which each participant and us as a company can have a positive impact before, during, and after our trip there.
As a travel company, Unsettled cannot save the world, but we can do what we do best. And we are taking our ‘best’ up to a new level for our sailing trip to the Bahamas in January.
We will depart from the Bahamas’ most famous island, Nassau, where we will quickly enjoy and then leave behind the resorts and amenities before we set sail for the Exumas, 26 nautical miles off the coast from our base. The Exumas are a true gem among sailing destinations. They may have the clearest water, whitest beaches, and some of the most classic island vibes on the planet.
- There are 365 ‘cays’ (islands) in the Exumas, one for every day of the year
- The Exumas are known for some of the clearest water and whitest sand in the world
- There are less than 10,000 people who live among these 365 islands
- It’s home to one of the world’s largest protected marine parks, Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park
- We will have the opportunity to swim with nurse sharks and pigs(!) in the wild
- The waters are shallow, clear, and make for great swimming, snorkeling, diving, and exploring
- This trip is in mid-winter for most of us and the temps will be in the high 70s and low 80s F (25-28 C), making for warm days and cool, breezy nights with no heat or AC needed
- We will sail only catamarans in the Bahamas, and have plenty of deck space for sunbathing, conversations, and boozy lunches
If you are looking to escape the cold for a week of relaxed sailing, great weather, amazing water, and a global community, join us this January in the Bahamas!
Departure Location: Nassau Island, Bahamas
Dates: January 25 – February 1, 2020
Pricing: Unsettled Alumni: $1300 USD | Guests & New Unsettlers: $1600 USD
+ Greece Details
Beautiful landscapes, secluded islands, Mediterranean cuisine, art, history, philosophy… the Ancient Greeks had it made when they were laying the foundation of Western Civilization a few thousand years ago.
In June 2020, Unsettled is heading back to the Mediterranean to soak up its summer sun, beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, and amazing food! We have over 220 islands to choose from this week, and we are going to get as much of it in as we can.
We will sail Greece’s Cyclades Islands, and visit some of its most beautiful beaches, ancient villages, top party spots, and best dive sites. But with Unsettled, we always take it a step further. Imagine creating our own floating Unsettled society this week by adapting the foundations from Ancient Greece and exploring art, philosophy, food, and a much more mobile life in 2020.
- Sail among 220 islands in the Cyclades archipelago
- Explore wild beaches and the relaxed, rural ambiance of European island life
- Go out in some of Greece’s famous summer hotspots
- Spend long days swimming in cobalt blue waters, drinking local wine, and eating fresh, local food
- Discover impressive architecture, colorful buildings rising from the sea, and ancient sites
- Meet Unsettled alumni from all over the world, as this trip is popular among our alumni!
Departure Location: Athens, Greece
Dates: June 6 – 13, 2020
Pricing: Unsettled Alumni: $1300 USD | Guests & New Unsettlers: $1600 USD
Join Unsettled Sailing!
Are you interested in creating a private, custom sailing retreat with Unsettled? If you have a crew and you want Unsettled to create a one-of-a-kind, transformational experience on the water for your team, family, or friends, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how we can set one up in dozens of locations around the world for you.
Unsettled is a community for those who refuse to settle in their pursuit of growth, meaning, and adventure. We bring together creatives, entrepreneurs, artists, freelancers, and the intellectually curious misfits from over 80 countries who seek to replace routine with adventure in destinations around the world.
Our experiences are not itinerary-driven. Rather, we provide a platform for you explore, connect, and discover a new destination at your own pace. With a calendar full of events to choose from, local experts to connect you to the city, and a curated community to explore with, Unsettled is a shared experience for people who don’t do group travel.