Unsettled Director of Marketing Position
Full-TimeStart Date: April 2018Location: Remote / Flexible
Always dreamed of inspiring others to explore the world? Do you love building global communities, connecting people to their passions, and growing a values-driven company? Unsettled is hiring a Director of Marketing to lead and execute our customer growth strategies.
WHAT IS UNSETTLED?
Unsettled is a community for those who embrace the unknown and value meaningful human connection. Who believe that feeling a little bit "unsettled" is a positive impulse for change, innovation, and exploration.
We curate life-defining experiences for those who seek to take their work, life, and adventures beyond traditional borders in some of the world’s most inspiring destinations. These retreats are designed for entrepreneurs, creatives, and independent workers who thrive in movement, and for those who are going through intentional career transitions in life.
From Bali to Buenos Aires, Medellin to Cape Town, we provide participants with everything needed to be connected, comfortable, and collaborative -- a private room, coworking space, a local host, and an immersive community experience that challenges participants to live fully and freely.
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
Unsettled is seeking a full-time Director of Marketing to lead and execute our marketing and growth strategies. The candidate should have 10-15 years of experience in marketing, with a proven track record of creative, diverse, and data-driven strategies for quality (not just quantity) customer acquisition growth.
The ideal candidate should have experience with, or a deep understand of, what drives our core customers - remote workers, freelancers, entrepreneurs, and individuals going through career and life transitions from over 65 countries - to apply for an Unsettled experience. We are looking for someone with management experience to grow and drive our marketing team, and someone who has a love for approaching problems with a creative and growth mindset.
You love getting in the details to test, analyze, and understand the best strategies for growth.
Advanced knowledge of marketing across digital channels - Facebook, Instagram, Google Adwords, Adroll, outbound lead generation, and much more - is a must, as is a highly analytical and data-driven approach to testing, measuring, and reporting on our challenges as much as our progress.
We are not looking for just a project manager or growth hacker. We are looking for a digital pioneer who wants to help us redefine work, travel, and community in the 21st century. We need someone who has proven results in working to grow a once in a generation opportunity. Your skills are important, but we expect more. We want someone who loves what we do and is ready to commit themselves to this pursuit.
• Lead the strategy, development, execution, and optimization of marketing campaigns across multiple platforms with the goal of increasing quality applications for Unsettled experiences.• Work directly with co-founders on developing the brand strategy and furthering a strong brand identity.• Develop and drive our marketing funnel optimization, execute our growth tactics, and measure our marketing analytics across the customer life cycle.• Lead the creative and analytical aspects related to implementation, optimization, and measurement of SEO and CRO strategies aligned with Unsettled’s objectives.• Evaluate and track the performance of marketing efforts and identify areas of potential growth while working closely with our Experience and Admissions teams to understand customer expectations and strategic goals.• Working with content team to attract quality leads via inbound marketing.• Identify and execute on new marketing partnerships.• Report on campaign performance against benchmarks, summarize key insights and recommend actions to improve performance.• Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A CREATIVE MARKETER: You are an experienced marketer, but you don’t simply stick to “what works”. You are constantly experimenting, testing, coming up with new ideas, and are able to execute them effectively.
A DATA-DRIVEN APPROACH: You know that people are not simply numbers. But you also know that data drives important decisions. You are obsessively date-oriented, and are rigorous in your experimentation, measuring, and reporting. You are results-driven, and are not afraid to admit and move on when something doesn’t work.
AN ALL-IN MINDSET: You love the hustle of scaling a growing company, and you know the importance of being highly organized, thorough, and paying close attention to the details. You’re not about the 9-5, but about getting the job done and doing it well. You’re not above the late nights or administrative work because you know what it takes to create the kinds of experiences that Unsettled is known for. You’re all in.
• 10-15+ years in a senior marketing position.• Life/work experience that relates to the Unsettled’s lifestyle, values, and philosophy• A demonstrated understanding of Unsettled customer profiles, our experiences, and our market trajectory.• Track record in growing and working for startups pioneering new products and pushing the boundaries of new markets.• Relevant experience working in industries of travel, hospitality, experience design, and growing a lifestyle brand.• Deep understanding of Google Analytics, Google Search Console & Google Tag Manager; Facebook Advertising; Google Adwords; Adroll; etc.• Proven ability to take ownership of projects and lead initiatives with high attention to detail and results.• Capacity to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment as part of a collaborative team.• Native/fluent spoken and written English.• A natural fit on our fun loving and hardworking team.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter answering the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org:
(1) Who is the Unsettled target market/customer? Describe them as if you were profiling them for a campaign.
(2) What would you bring to Unsettled that you feel we’re currently missing?
(3) How would you describe the Unsettled brand 5 years from now, if you were hired today?