Welcome to colombia.
Your journey begins now...
Medellín is a city of historic transformations. An urban oasis surrounded by one of the most diverse and ecologically rich countries on earth, it holds some of the happiest, most passionate people anywhere. Recently, Medellín has become a shining light of urban innovation and entrepreneurship, but it has always been world-renown for its art and design, outdoor festivals, stunning countryside, and of course, salsa.
Oh, and did we mention the weather? Medellín is known as the "city of eternal spring" for good reason. The fresh fruits are always in season and the outdoor cafes are always bustling.
This Unsettled month is your month. This experience is designed to offer you an intentional break from your routine, and the space to find inspiration, build new relationships, and grow new ideas, and immerse yourself in the sights, sounds, food and culture of Medellín.
We bring together the intellectually curious who seek to replace routine with adventure, and embrace the unknown one month at a time. You will share the experience of a lifetime alongside a curated group of peers who hold a wealth of experience far deeper than just their careers, and join a growing community of Unsettled alum spread out over 30 countries around the world.
- Private rooms in beautifully designed shared apartments in the heart of the city
- Airport transfer upon arrival
- A local SIM card for your phone
- Full-time membership at our local coworking space
- Welcome orientation, dinners, and activities
- Peer-to-peer workshops, dinner parties, an opening party, games, BBQs, and facilitated events
- An organized weekend in the mountains just outside of the city
- A highly-vetted community of 25 creatives from all over the world
- A full-time local staff who is there to organize activities and to share what’s happening around the city each week
What's there to do in and around Medellín?
- Graffiti tours, coffee tours, food tours, and hiking in the nearby mountains
- Paragliding, horseback riding, rafting, and more.
- Dance salsa until the sun comes up
- Explore the social innovation ecosystem in Medellín
- Connect with the local startup and remote working communities
- Take a weekend trips to the Caribbean coast, Cartagena, the more remote Pacific Coast, Tayrona National Park, La Amazonia, or a lost city in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta.
August 1st - August 31st [SOLD OUT]
September 1st - September 30th [1 SPOT LEFT]
January 6th - February 3rd, 2018
February 4th - March 3rd, 2018
March 4th - April 1st, 2018
1 month → $2000 USD (2017) / $2200 USD (2018)
*Couples → 50% off for your partner (assuming you share a room :)
Ready to join us in Medellín for the adventure of a lifetime?
Scenes from in and around MedellIn
What Past Participants Have Said:
To say that my month with Unsettled in Medellin was fun would understate the profound impact that this month has had on me. Between the new environment, the great experiences, continuing my work with a fresh perspective, and mostly importantly, the beautiful people who were with me on this journey, this last month is unquestionably an unforgettable one.... I’m not the only weirdo who can’t find fulfillment in the mundane, in the rote routine of life. I got to hear about other people’s journeys, successes, and failures, and all of gave me first hand exposure to lifestyles very different than my own. It also heightened all of my passions and helped me redefine my own priorities.... Thank you Colombia, thank you Unsettled, and thank all of you who shared this special moment in life. - Eugene Leventhal, Co-founder, eduDAO
In the past year, we’ve circled the world once with nothing but a carry-on. Out of all of the amazing experiences we’ve had, Unsettled in Medellin ranks at the top. What will we miss the most? The wisdom that blossoms from community, and our new life-long friends.
-Aviv & Paulina Schwietzer, Founders of Leaving Wooster.