Catalyzing Creative Enterprise: Ireland
An Exploration for the Leader Within
All who wander are not lost...
Pratt Institute's Catalyst is a learning platform for the Creative Enterprise Leadership international graduate programs in Arts and Cultural Management and Design Management. The mission of Catalyst is to create conversations and deepen learning journeys that encourage creative enterprise and cultural thriving.
We have partnered with Unsettled to catalyze a unique experience for those interested in exploring the leader within and learning by journeying out. This journey will take us to Ireland; a small island with a substantial economy committed to building creative and cultural enterprises.
Our Irish exploration will combine workshops and site visits with time for conversation, reflection and what the Irish call "craic"-just plain fun! We will journey together and explore the creativity and conviviality that contribute to helping Ireland thrive. And experience first hand the fabled mystery and beauty that is Ireland.
You are invited to join us to wander the Connemara hiking trails and ramble about Dublin known for its design, cultural life and easy sophistication. We will meet with designers, chefs, vintners and cultural creatives. Our goal is to discover how the Irish are shaping creative futures where enterprise, earth and community can thrive.
Why join? Well, being too settled in our ways leaves us less agile and less able to surf change. The world is changing, and a bit of wandering with purpose gives a taste of that change and inspires the spirit for the journey home.
Pratt learning leaders and Unsettled have designed an experience that will enable participants to journey in and out. We will learn more about ourselves, our world, about each other and Ireland. Prepare to be unsettled and join us to happily explore possibilities.
*Caution: This is not an experience for those seeking certainty or specific outcomes. The experience has been designed to unsettle certainty and enable participants to practice finding their way in an uncertain world.
Itinerary and Price
Monday, February 26th – Sunday, March 4th, 2018
$2,000 (Shared Room)
$2,300 (Private Room)*
*For 4 Nights at Haddington House only. Delphi Lodge (2 nights) are shared only.
- Arrival at Dublin Airport anytime on Monday, February 26th. Spend one night in Dublin at The Haddington House.
- Shuttle to Delphi Lodge, Connemara, Western Ireland
(2 Nights - Tuesday, February 27th & Wednesday, February 28th)
•Shared rooms for all
•Breakfast, lunches, four-course dinners, and experiences included
•Drinks paid separately
- Haddington House, Dun Laoghaire, Dublin
(3 Nights - Thursday, March 1st – Sunday, March 4th)
•Private or shared rooms for participants
- Participants fly out of Dublin on March 4th.
- Airport transfers
- All local transportation
- All accommodations
- All breakfasts, as well as some lunch & dinners where mentioned
- Pratt facilitated & local workshops, intention-setting sessions, guest lectures, and additional programs
- Local tours, events, and access.
November 10th, 2017 - CLOSED - NOW ACCEPTING WAIT LIST APPLICATIONS ONLY
Deposit Payment Deadline
November 14th, 2017
The Application Process:
This exploration is by invitation only. If you have landed on this page, we believe this journey may have meaning for you. We would like to be sure of that by having a quick conversation.
So, if you are interested in deepening your learning journey in Ireland, please follow the steps below:
1. Email DM@pratt.edu using the subject line "Ireland Interest" no later than November 10th, 2017. Please include your name, phone number, and best times to reach you. We can only accommodate 20 people, so please act promptly to secure a place. The first 20 people will get priority.
2. We will reply promptly and set up a call to better understand what would you like to explore/experience in Ireland, and why this Catalyst + Unsettled trip appeals to you.
3. We will then extend an invitation to 20 participants for this experience.
4. So, please act now to find out more and to secure a place!
Ready to join us in Ireland for the adventure of a lifetime?
NOW ACCEPTING WAIT LIST APPLICATIONS ONLY