Unsettled is best known as an award-winning travel company that combines remote work experiences and communities designed for growth. In the years since our founding, we have become much more than this…
We have hosted more than 2,000 professionals from 80+ countries who represent some of the most innovative firms in the world: Accenture, Alibaba, Amazon, Burning Man, Deloitte, FedEx, Google, Heineken, McKinsey, Microsoft, Nescafe, Prudential Financial, Steelcase, The United Nations, US Air Force, and many more.
By popular demand, Unsettled as expanded its services to take what we have learned from the leading edge of workforce innovation, to advise partners in the following areas:
- Distributed workforce communications and accountability
- Creating remote work cultures that thrive
- Design services for remote team structure
- Community building in remote, online and distributed environments
- Experience design, experiment design and service design
- Rapid experimentation, prototyping and human-centered innovation
HOW TO WORK WITH UNSETTLED
REMOTE TEAM COACHING VIDEO CALLS
We regularly offer live video trainings to share best practices and help you understand your challenges and how to resolve them.
Topics covered include: Needs of the remote worker, asynchronous vs. synchronous communications, how to set and hit goals on remote teams, company rituals and weekly structures, how to avoid micro-managing and other pitfalls of remote teams, and much more.
Topics typically cover:
- Asynchronous vs. synchronous communications tactics
- How remote teams can operationalize
- Back-end platform support for logistics, payments, website and more.
- On-location support staff and location management.
- Access to Unsettled’s global network.
- Expert guidance on location selection, planning, and development.
DIAGNOSIS & SOLUTIONS FOR DISTRIBUTED TEAMS
Unsettled has been a fully distributed team since our founding. We leverage this firsthand experience in our most active advisory engagements to diagnose and develop solutions for distributed teams.We work with management to understand their pain points and the challenges of their works. We then develop and implement design solutions for communications, culture, structure, goal setting, accountability and reporting, and much more.
A typical engagement includes:
- Complimentary consultation call to discuss working together.
- Quickly gather info from across your team.
- Design focused on solutions with you and your team in the driver seat.
- Immediate training and implementation of new systems and strategies.
- On-going observation and advising to management.
DIGITAL CULTURE & COMMUNITY BUILDING
Unsettled is human-centric in all that we do. This starts with our approach to culture and community building. We design digital experiences, rituals, events, and structures that add up to trusted relationships. This is what makes great culture and communities.
Contact us below if you would like help to assess, design, and implement culture and community in digital environments.
Information is the lifeblood of your organization. It’s everywhere and yet it’s underutilized. Unsettled can rapidly implement surveys, focus groups, and design sessions, all done online, to gather information and pull it back into the hands of leaders.
There’s a good chance that one of the first activities we will do in any engagement is gathering information because, in remote environments, it seems to hide more than leaders realize.