Welcome to PERU.
Your journey begins at the sea...
Lima is a juxtaposition. It's the merging of ocean and desert. It's city meets beach, demonstrating power and opposition. Wake up at 5am to catch the waves, work in a vast yet ‘tranquillo’ metropolis and share fast-paced ideas during long conversations over some of the worlds most amazing food and drinks. Unlock a unique balance in South America’s secret city. Strip away the clutter and get back to the basics.
Often cited as South America’s ‘most overlooked’ city, Lima is the ultimate cultural destination, combining vibrant city life with chill beach vibes and an ancient spiritual past. The city offers a diverse and growing entrepreneurial community, world-renowned food, deep history and an outdoor-oriented lifestyle.
This Unsettled experience is your experience. It's about taking an intentional break from your routine, finding new perspective, building new relationships, and growing new ideas. A month with Unsettled is about exploring the best version of yourself, and living with intention and purpose with an incredible community of peers.
We provide the housing, workspace, and an unforgettable month. You can expect regular dinner parties, peer-to-peer workshops, happy hours, and weekend excursions. From the moment you arrive, you will experience Lima like a local.
Our community brings together the intellectually curious who seek to replace routine with adventure, and embrace the unknown. You will share the journey of a lifetime alongside a curated group of peers who hold a wealth of experience far deeper than just their careers, and join a growing community of Unsettled alum spread out over 30 countries around the world.
After 3 weeks of coworking in Lima, the Unsettled program will conclude with a 5 night / 6 day trip to Peru's Sacred Valley, home to Cusco, Machu Picchu and dozens of ancient temples and spiritual sites dotting the landscape.
Part 1: Lima
The Sea. The City. The Beginning.
January 13 - February 5th, 2018
You'll spend your first three weeks in Lima, where you’ll have centrally located apartments, steps away from your coworking space, and a short walk from the sea and the diverse neighborhoods of Lima.
We’ll spend weeknights hosting family-style dinners of ceviches, exploring the foodie and startup scenes, and kicking back to the find our groove for the easy going pace of life enjoyed by the locals. On the weekends, we’ll explore the beaches and mountains, the arts and adventures, and more with a few local field trips planned. Or, you're free to head off on your own adventures with other participants from around the world!
Part 2: The Sacred Valley
The Andes. The Lost City. The Final Chapter.
February 5th - February 10th, 2018
On our fourth and final week in Peru, we’re flying to Cusco to begin our 5 night/6 day tour of Peru’s Sacred Valley. You’ll visit famous Inca sites throughout the week, with the peak experience at Machu Picchu. You’ll have local guides and Unsettled’s team running the show and grounding this experience through workshops that will allow us to reflect on the ancient magic that still lives in the Sacred Valley. A sample Sacred Valley itinerary looks like this:
>>Day 1: ENTERING THE VALLEY
Fly to Cusco from Lima, and head straight into the Sacred Valley. Sleep at a private lodge with other Unsettled members who may be joining us from our other locations around the world.
>>Day 2: BASE CAMP + EXPLORATION
Set off towards Urubamba, a small town beneath the snow-capped mountain of Chicón, stopping along the way for some local adventures, sightseeing, and unique food as we get nearer to our base camp for Machu Picchu at Aguas Calientes.
>>Day 3: MACHU PICCHU TREK
Wake up at the crack of down, pack your bags, and hit the trail. We want to be some of the first into Machu Picchu that morning. We will have our hand-picked guide walk us through the ancient site, and you'll have time to explore at your own pace. We will have a picnic lunch on the mountain, before we travel back to Cusco in the evening.
>>Day 4 - 6: CUSCO + CULTURE
Cusco is a destination in its own right, with plenty to see, experience and explore. At 3,400 meters (11,000 feet), it's a mountain city that holds on to its strong indigenous roots. We'll take our own mini-adventures, explore the spiritual sites and markets surrounding the city, connect with locals and maybe even take part in a bit of our own ritualistic magic.
By the end of this month in Peru, you will have...
- lived, worked, traveled, and learned from 25 of your peers from around the world
- participated in more than a dozen workshops led by your peers and by Unsettled's facilitators
- visited with local entrepreneurs, explored Lima's food scene, and met incredible locals who will have welcome you into their homes and lives
- perfected your surf skills (or at least tested them!) on one of our epic weekend excursions
- visited Cusco and the Peruvian Andes, the former historic capital of the Inca Empire.
- trekked the famous Machu Picchu with Unsettled's handpicked local guides
- joined a family of friends and a global network that can be invaluable in your future adventure
- Private accommodations in centrally located apartments
- Airport pickup upon arrival to Lima
- Local SIM card, and full-time access to a local coworking space
- Welcome orientation, activities and a dinner party
- Weekly workshops, family-style dinners, and community events
- Peer-to-peer workshops, 1-on-1 goal setting sessions, and local field trips
- Dedicated local staff member who offers local knowledge, connections, and experiences
- Roundtrip flights from Lima to Cusco
- Local transport in Cusco, to/from Sacred Valley, and to/from Machu Picchu
- Shared rooms in lodge style accommodations in the Sacred Valley and Cusco for 5 nights
- Tickets and local guides to Machu Picchu
- Local tours in Cusco of archaeological sites
- Closing party in Cusco building off the spiritual journey in these lands
Lima Coworking + Sacred Valley: January 13 - February 10, 2018
Sacred Valley: February 5 - February 10, 2018
Unsettled Package: Lima + Sacred Valley Excursion → $3,000 USD
3-Weeks in Lima ONLY→ $1800 USD
6 Days / 5 Nights Sacred Valley Excursion ONLY → $1,300 USD