Unsettled Location Manager Position
Part-Time Positions Available Starting July 2022 in Medellín, Colombia
Application Deadline: April 30, 2022
Do you have a background in event planning or operation in travel and hospitality? Do you love working through the details of setting up events? Want to help people connect in the most authentic and behind the scenes way to the city that you love?
If you love planning, running, and managing travel experiences in a fast-paced environment, then read on. Unsettled is hiring a Location Manager for our retreats in Medellín, Colombia.
WHAT IS UNSETTLED?
Unsettled is a travel company for those who embrace the unknown and value meaningful human connection. Who believe that feeling a little bit “unsettled” is a positive impulse for change, innovation, and exploration.
We curate travel experiences, adventures, and programs for today’s professionals who seek to take their work, life, and growth beyond traditional borders. Unsettled’s retreats and programs are created for entrepreneurs, creatives, independent workers and professionals in transition and are uniquely designed to help people connect more deeply to their lives, chart uncharted territory, and bring their ideas and dreams into fruition.
LOCATION MANAGER ROLE DESCRIPTION:
Location Managers are the events and logistics experts for Unsettled retreats, whereas the Unsettled Experience Leaders are facilitators and travel guides. As a Location Manager, you are our lead on logistics, event production and operations for our retreats in Medellin, Colombia.
You work closely with our vendors, from accommodations providers to coworking spaces to make sure they meet Unsettled expectations before and during the retreat. You provide the planning and set up the logistics for the unique experiences we curate. Location Managers are responsible for helping participants connect to local culture, local communities, and insider knowledge, events, and networks.
Our Location Managers are determined to provide detailed, comprehensive logistics behind the scenes of our travel experiences. You understand how to scout and evaluate event spaces, book and manage trustworthy local vendors, and prioritize the safety and accessibility of Unsettled Participants. Location Managers think both big and, especially, small, to make sure all parts of the experiences are planned for, set up and executed as expected.
Unsettled is especially seeking candidates who bring multi-year experience in planning and coordinating events or travel experiences. But honestly, if you meet the expectations below, don’t let an imperfect resumé keep you from applying.
We are searching for someone who:
- Is passionate about where they live…and has their “thumb on the pulse” of its unique culture, eager to share it to others.
- Is a people person…and is comfortable working with groups on a daily basis, including nights and weekends.
- Thinks quickly on their feet… and is a natural problem solver! This position requires resourcefulness and creativity to solve last-minute problems.
- Has a big network…of useful contacts (like creatives, tour operators, drivers, entrepreneurs, etc.) and is eager to connect the Unsettled team and participants to it.
- Communicates efficiently, responsibly and professionally… The candidate will maintain consistent and comprehensive communications with their Experience Leader. They will also be in contact with Unsettled participants, sometimes around the clock, in order to help support safe, accessible, and creative experiences.
- Is incredibly organized… Organization is key in order to contribute and function well on the Unsettled team. We’re scrappy and agile, and trust each other to complete our individual responsibilities fully and timely in order to fulfill the expectations of our participants.
- Works flexibly and diligently… This role does not follow a normal 9-5 schedule. Location Managers might be working a welcome dinner on a Saturday at 7pm or prepping a workshop at the coworking space at 9 am. The Location Manager must be engaged enough to be responsive whenever problems arise and prepared to follow-through until things are running smoothly again.
- Speaks both English and Spanish fluently.
ROLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
In the weeks leading up to a program, you will be responsible for:
- Scouting accommodations, coworking spaces and event venues.
- Scouting, suggesting and booking unique experiences to connect Unsettled participants to the location.
- Research, plan, and coordinate weekend travel and events within and outside of the city.
The Location Manager will have a wide range of responsibilities in the operations and coordination of the retreat month, that include but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing, and managing several events and logistics each month.
- Providing support to Unsettled’s Experience Leader, who will lead and facilitate the month
- Supporting Unsettled participants in solving problems and accessing local knowledge throughout the month
- Providing diligent coordination between our accommodation/coworking vendors and our clients to ensure participants feel consistently safe, productive, and cared for.
- Schedule airport transfers, key drop-off, check in and check out, and other logistics
- Arrange the space and set up our needs for all of our activities, workshops and events.
- Connect participants to local networks and make suggestions for things to try or avoid, for where to find the best unique experiences, and for ways to enjoy your location/city not typically known by tourists, etc.
The candidate will expect to work closely with our Experience Leader on site 5 or 6 days per week. The Location Manager will also be in regular and consistent communications with our participants via Slack, email, and in-person.
Upon arrival of participants and the launch of the retreat, Location Managers can expect the first 3-5 days to be full time .After the first 3-5 days of the month, the position will require a part-time commitment of up to 20 hours per week.
- Exceptional event planning, knowledge of “backstage” operations of events, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage budgets and tools like email, slack, google docs.
- Proven ability to work in diverse cultures, environments, and with groups from different backgrounds
- Charismatic, enthusiastic and approachable.
- Well connected to their city and the ability to open that network to Unsettled.
- Fluent in English and native language
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a journey into the unknown, and, if you are willing to dig in and put in the work, it can be a transformative journey for both you and your participants. Direct benefits include:
- Monthly compensation between 5,000,000 and 7,000,000 COP, commensurate according to applicant’s experience.
- Costs directly related to the experience will be covered, such as local transportation to and from Unsettled events, coworking, and meals and group activities part of the Unsettled experience.
- Joining an incredibly passionate and fast growing team executing on a truly global vision.
For Medellin, we are looking for someone that can join the team by June 25 for online training and onboarding and that will work with us onsite in August and November.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter answering two of the following questions:
(1) Tell us the details of what you’ve done in your work that’s most relevant to this position. We’re not as interested in your position titles as much as we are in learning about what you did, how often you did it, and why it’ll help you succeed at Unsettled.
(2) Take a moment, and imagine yourself in this role. Tell us how you see yourself being successful on the ground. How are you uniquely positioned to succeed in this role? And what does that look like for you related to the specific duties?
We will interview the most competitive applicants and regret that we cannot reply to all who apply. Early applicants will be given priority.
So. Think you’ve got what it takes?
“Unsettled is more than travel, it’s more than a work trip, it’s a life-affirming experience where I got to explore who I am and who I want to be in the world. My Unsettled cohort encouraged me, listened to me, challenged me, reflected myself back to me, gave me space to grow, and cared for me. I’ve never laughed so much in one month! I returned from my experience with new-found strength, resilience, and peace, and with some what I hope will be life-long friends.” – Tanya
Stories from our community
At the heart of Unsettled lies thousands of stories. Stories of people who embrace the unknown, challenge themselves, and push beyond their own boundaries. These stories span the breadth of the human experience, and get to the heart of what it means to be human today – to live boldly, no matter what that looks like for each of us….