Unsettled Customer Experience Associate
Position: Part Time
Location: Remote (Western Hemisphere preferred)
Start Date: April 2022
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Are you driven to support others in realizing their dreams? Do you believe in Unsettled’s mission to push the boundaries of work, life, and adventures through remarkable shared travel experiences? Are you thorough, responsive, detailed-driven, and an exceptional communicator?
If this sounds like you, then read on. Unsettled is hiring for a Customer Experience Associate to manage communications and onboarding experiences for our participants.
We are looking for a part-time, service-minded individual to join our team. The ideal candidate is a self-driven, ambitious, and highly detail-oriented professional who enjoys maintaining positive customer relationships, anticipating customer questions, and offering the best recommendations and solutions to our diverse customers and alumni.
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
A Customer Experience Associate is the first and primary point of contact for customers who apply to and join Unsettled programs. You will be responsible for vetting each applicant, explaining the Unsettled experience clearly, assisting them in determining if Unsettled is a good fit for them, setting expectations, answering questions, providing valuable insight, and following through diligently on next steps. Further, you will respond to customer inquiries as they arise across their journey with Unsettled – from applicant to alumni. You will also be responsible for the management of the systems and processes behind it.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Fully understanding our brand, our value proposition, our experiences, and our customers
- Monitoring and responding to customer service inquiries via email
- Maintaining our travel sales systems, such as managing our inventory, cancellations, refunds, and discounts
- Daily reviewing, vetting, and management of applications in our CRM
- Documenting notes about our customers
- Helping customers with questions or concerns regarding company products and services
- Regular reviews with your manager, reporting on key metrics in admissions, and regular communications with other team members
- Updating information guides and sales materials that we send out via email
- Researching latest COVID and travel policies to provide applicants with most up to date information
- Depending on your experience, possibly taking calls with prospective customers to answer their questions and guide them towards joining the right trip
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You can communicate efficiently while being friendly:
Efficient communications is a major part of this position. You will be in contact with our applicants daily. This will require diligent follow-up, fast replies, and strong expectations. At the same time, you’ll have to be conversational, authentic, and friendly while you do this. You’ll have to be your true self, consulting the applicant and instilling their confidence in Unsettled all at the same time.
You are highly organized:
Organization and diligence is key in order to function well within our team.
You will need to be comfortable with regular updates in our sales platform and CRM and diligent in follow up with customers. Our team relies on highly organized team members to contribute within our system, and on time, so that the entire team functions effectively.
You are a constant learner and resourceful:
You are constantly learning, you love getting feedback, you take it gracefully and are eager to implement new methods to maximize your success. You view yourself as being resourceful. You love to search and find answers to questions and are ready to take initiative to and use resources that you have and you may not have readily available.
You are diligent and responsive:
You value getting back to people quickly and thoroughly. Thorough communications comes naturally to you, and you love to respond to emails, calls, and requests as that the recipient feels cared for. You can easily connect the value of responding to customers’ needs to how Unsettled creates value in the world.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & APPLYING
- 2+ years in sales or a customer service or office manager related position
- Experience working with CRMs
- Life/work experience that relates to the Unsettled lifestyle, values, brand, and philosophy
- A demonstrated understanding of the Unsettled community, brand, and our experiences
- Native-level spoken and written English
- Ability to work remotely with your own equipment (laptop, Zoom, video chat capabilities)
This position is designed for someone with 1-3 years of work experience in a similar role and/or someone who has completed their college degree.
Compensation for this position will be hourly somewhere between $20-$30/hour, depending upon the candidate and their location. The position is a remote position, however we prefer someone based in the western hemisphere (EST + / – 4 hours) or GMT.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter answering the following three prompts to email@example.com:
(1) Why do you believe Unsettled experiences need to exist in the world?
(2) Write your best email, convincing a 35 year old female professional who works a remote finance job from her home in Chicago to join Unsettled in Bali this June.
(3) Give us an honest personal assessment. What are your qualities that will make you succeed at this role?
We will interview the most competitive applicants and regret that we cannot reply to all who apply.
So. Think you’ve got what it takes?
“Unsettled is more than travel, it’s more than a work trip, it’s a life-affirming experience where I got to explore who I am and who I want to be in the world. My Unsettled cohort encouraged me, listened to me, challenged me, reflected myself back to me, gave me space to grow, and cared for me. I’ve never laughed so much in one month! I returned from my experience with new-found strength, resilience, and peace, and with some what I hope will be life-long friends.” – Tanya
Stories from our community
At the heart of Unsettled lies thousands of stories. Stories of people who embrace the unknown, challenge themselves, and push beyond their own boundaries. These stories span the breadth of the human experience, and get to the heart of what it means to be human today – to live boldly, no matter what that looks like for each of us….