Unsettled Email Marketing Manager
Location: Fully Remote
Compensation: Commensurate based on experience
Unsettled is seeking a seasoned Email Marketing Manager to join our growing team in a part-time, fully-remote capacity.
Unsettled is a global community for independent and remote workers who embrace the unknown and value meaningful human connection. Since 2014, we have curated hundreds of coworking, coliving, and adventure experiences across 24 countries for independent professionals seeking growth, meaning, and connection through shared travel experiences. With over 3,000 alumni across 80 countries, Unsettled is a pioneer in designing experiences around the future of how we live, work, and build community in the 21st century.
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
Unsettled’s Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our email marketing campaigns and communications. This includes growth strategy, content creation and development, tracking and reporting, partnerships, and more.
In short, we are searching for an effective, data-driven communicator and marketer who enjoys inspiring others to action, is equally competent in technical and creative aspects of email marketing, and has both the experience and confidence to work independently, follow through, and get work done.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Working with Unsettled’s executive team to identify a clear strategy for email audience engagement and growth that ultimately drives Unsettled trip sales.
- Developing and executing effective targeting, funneling, segmentation and drip campaign strategies for our audiences.
- Designing and implementing a variety of email marketing campaigns – from conceptualization through to copy, content, design, and reporting.
- Building effective target audiences and segmentation to drive engagement and performance against KPI goals.
- Devising and executing A/B tests, managing testing calendar, recording results, and advising on improvements that drive performance.
- Researching, identifying, and reaching out to key partners, individuals, and organizations to grow our audience.
- Constantly looking for new ways to experiment, and position Unsettled as a leader in this space.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This isn’t just another 9-5 marketing job. We’re looking for someone whose life experience, values, and ethos fit the Unsettled mold. Someone who is hungry to prove their skills and take the Unsettled brand to a whole new level – at a time when Unsettled’s brand promise holds unprecedented opportunity in the world.
We are looking for someone who is highly experienced, self-driven, independent, and can work part-time (10-20 hours per week). If things go well, there is potentially an opportunity for full-time engagement.
- 5+ years proven experience in email marketing, content creation, and copywriting.
- Demonstrated experience in effective campaign development that grows quality email subscribers and drives sales.
- Expertise working with and designing for Mailchimp, our email platform.
- The ability to execute independently without hiring a full team.
- Life/work experience that relates to the Unsettled lifestyle, values, and philosophy
- A demonstrated understanding of the Unsettled community and our experiences
- Native/fluent spoken and written English
- Ability to work remotely with your own equipment (laptop, Skype, video chat capabilities)
After an initial brief period of onboarding, you will be expected to begin working independently with support from the Unsettled Executive & HQ teams.
The position is a remote position with flexible working hours (10-20 hours per week).
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter answering the following three questions to email@example.com:
(1) Why do you believe Unsettled needs to exist in the world?
(2) What is the most successful marketing campaign you have led? The most unsuccessful?
(3) Give us an honest personal assessment. What are your qualities that will make you succeed at this role? Why do you really want to do this?
We will interview the most competitive applicants and regret that we cannot reply to all who apply. Early applicants will be given priority.
So. Think you’ve got what it takes?
“Unsettled is more than travel, it’s more than a work trip, it’s a life-affirming experience where I got to explore who I am and who I want to be in the world. My Unsettled cohort encouraged me, listened to me, challenged me, reflected myself back to me, gave me space to grow, and cared for me. I’ve never laughed so much in one month! I returned from my experience with new-found strength, resilience, and peace, and with some what I hope will be life-long friends.” – Tanya
Stories from our community
At the heart of Unsettled lies thousands of stories. Stories of people who embrace the unknown, challenge themselves, and push beyond their own boundaries. These stories span the breadth of the human experience, and get to the heart of what it means to be human today – to live boldly, no matter what that looks like for each of us….