Unsettled Marketing Manager
Location: Fully Remote
Starting Date: ASAP
Unsettled is seeking an ambitious Marketing Manager to join our team in a full-time, fully-remote capacity.
Unsettled is a travel company for independent and remote workers who seek to embrace the unknown and value meaningful human connection. Since 2014, we have curated hundreds of travel experiences across 24 countries for professionals seeking growth, meaning, and connection through shared experiences. With nearly 3,000 alumni across 80 countries, Unsettled is a pioneer in designing experiences around the future of how we live and work in the 21st century.
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
Unsettled’s Marketing Manager will be responsible for overseeing and executing all aspects of our marketing; from branded campaigns and content development to social media and email communications.
You will be measured on your ability to achieve reasonable yet ambitious results in growing our audience, brand, and revenue. You will oversee our growth strategy across email marketing, social, campaigns, partnerships, contests, advertising, and other efforts to increase our followers, grow brand awareness, and drive revenue for our travel experiences.
In short, we are searching for an effective content creator, communicator, and go-getter who is data-driven and results oriented, from the top of the funnel on down. You love to create and distribute new content across email, social, and with partners through creative campaigns that attract new customers to our brand. 360 degree content creation is your game. You should also be competent in both creative and technical marketing, with the ability to design and execute effective email marketing campaigns, build landing pages, and be data-driven in your analysis.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Working with Unsettled’s executive team to identify a clear strategy for top of the funnel growth, and converting followers to customers lower down the funnel
- Managing email marketing by creating and distributing on-brand content that ultimately drives engagement and Unsettled trip sales
- Developing and executing effective email targeting, funneling, segmentation and drip campaign strategies for our audiences
- Managing social media on a daily basis, or managing a team/individual who runs our social, with clear KPIs for growth and conversion
- Designing and implementing a variety of campaigns with partners, such as giveaways, contests, etc., from conceptualization through writing copy, creating content, design, and reporting.
- Managing a small and cost-effective team of freelancers for content creation as needed (designers, video specialists, etc.)
- Researching, identifying, and reaching out to key partners, individuals, and organizations to grow our audience.
- Constantly looking for new ways to experiment, and position Unsettled as a leader in this space.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This isn’t just another 9-5 marketing job. We’re looking for someone whose life experience, values, and ethos fit the Unsettled mold. Someone who is hungry to prove their skills can take the Unsettled brand to a whole new level – at a time when Unsettled’s brand promise holds unprecedented relevance opportunity in the world.
We are looking for someone who is clearly experienced, self-driven, independent, and is ready to work full time to elevate Unsettled’s brand and drive sales growth.
- 5+ years proven experience in marketing, content creation, and campaign management & execution. Experience with relevant aspirational, lifestyle-driven brands is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in effective campaign development grows an engaged target audience and drives sales.
- Successful track record of growing a brand’s social media audience with a focus on quality followers.
- Expertise working with and designing in Mailchimp.
- The ability to execute independently without hiring a full-time team of content creators around you.
- Life/work experience that relates to the Unsettled lifestyle, values, and philosophy.
- A demonstrated understanding of Unsettled experiences and our target audience
- Native/fluent spoken and written English
- Ability to work remotely with your own equipment (we use Slack, Google Workplace, Zoom, Canva, and other tools)
After an initial brief period of onboarding, you will be expected to begin working independently with support from the Unsettled team. The position is a remote position. We are looking for someone who is able to work full-time and willing to start with a modest base salary with quick and clear opportunities for growth based on success.
Compensation: Ability to start with a modest base salary and grow with clearly defined benchmarks
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter answering the following three questions to firstname.lastname@example.org:
(1) Why do you believe Unsettled needs to exist in the world?
(2) What is the most successful marketing campaign you have led? And the most unsuccessful?
(3) Give us an honest personal assessment. What are your qualities that will make you succeed at this role? Why do you really want to do this?
We will interview the most competitive applicants and regret that we cannot reply to all who apply. Early applicants will be given priority.
So. Think you’ve got what it takes?
See Our Upcoming Travel
Travel is coming back, and so is Unsettled. We are adding new destinations by the week! From week long adventure trips (explore the Amazon or sail Croatia) to retreats for remote workers in Cape Town, Argentina, Colombia, Bali, and more. Whether you can work from anywhere or are looking for an escape to unplug from work, learn more about our up-coming trips.
Stories from our community
At the heart of Unsettled lies thousands of stories. Stories of people who embrace the unknown, challenge themselves, and push beyond their own boundaries. These stories span the breadth of the human experience, and get to the heart of what it means to be human today – to live boldly, no matter what that looks like for each of us….