How have you created more freedom, mobility, or flexibility in your work life?
We live in a culture that drives us to work more, longer, and harder…and it’s driving us towards burnout. Yet every day, there are more and more of us taking steps to moderate our hours, set boundaries at work, or to leave traditional 9-5’s altogether for the pursuit of greater balance, alignment, and freedom.
#DesignForFreedom is our biggest giveaway in history. We will have 5 WINNERS and over $5,000 in Unsettled experiences will be given away, including a free one-week Unsettled trip to Costa Rica. All you need to tell us is… how have you intentionally crafted or designed your work life to have more freedom, more flexibility, or more mobility? We want to hear all the ways you’ve done this, from complete career reinvention to small tweaks to your routine.
To get you started, here are some ideas:
- I convinced our company to let us work from home on Fridays and I get to spend the day at home in my PJs which is all I ever wanted. #designforfreedom
- I began freelancing and it took me 3 years, but today I am self-employed and work from home. #designforfreedom
- I went back to school to become a travel nurse. I now work 8 months out of the year, earn good money, and spend the other four months traveling and learning. #designforfreedom
- I spent weeks thinking about how to set better boundaries at work, and how to have this conversation with my boss. I talked to more than 10 friends and got their advice, and when I had the conversation… #designforfreedom
- I decided to turn off my phone notifications as soon as I walk out the door at work. I told my team that I needed to do this, and 6 months later, I am still seeing it show up positively in my life and not affecting work at all… #designforfreedom
WHAT YOU CAN WIN:
One winner gets to experience the ultimate work and lifestyle freedom with a free one-week Unsettled experience in Costa Rica this May.
Two winners get a $500 credit to apply towards any Unsettled trip, along with a perfect TrekLight Gear lightweight travel hammock to bring along!
Two winners will get free admission into our Unsettled Lifestyle Incubator program and a free 1-Year Premium Membership to NovoResume to help professionally polish their resume.
EXPLORE COSTA RICA...
Reset & reconnect in paradise…
EXPLORE OUR LIFESTYLE INCUBATOR...
Re-imagine your career… without leaving home.
Discover all our Destinations...
Where can you apply your $500?
How To Enter
Submit your entry below to win.
HOW TO ENTER
It’s simple. Just share with us a short answer or story about how you’ve intentionally designed more freedom, mobility, or flexibility into your work life, and what you do with it.
To enter the #DesignForFreedom contest:
1.) Submit your story of designing for freedom at work in the comments of one of the following Instagram, LinkedIn, or Facebook posts.
2.) Or, create your own post, and simply use the hashtag #DesignForFreedom in your answer and tag @beunsettled.
A team of Unsettled judges will pick the top 10 finalists, who will then move to a public vote on Instagram. The top 10 stories will be posted in an Instagram story on March 16th and the public will have 24 hours to vote on their favorite story. The 5 stories with the most votes will move to the final round of an interview to receive one of the 3 prizes.