Unsettled: lebanon 1-WEEK adventureCity. Mountains. Sea.
Unstructured | Unbounded | Unexpected
Welcome to Unsettled: Lebanon.
Beirut is a city with a reputation. And a well-deserved one. The best nightlife in the Middle East, a booming creative scene, sweeping views of the Mediterranean, and arguably some of the best food in the world. And we don’t stop there…
Lebanon is boasts some the most hospitable people on the planet who are well beyond enthusiastic to share their food, culture, and fascinating history. The Unsettled community has dozens of alumni in Lebanon ready to show us their favorite beaches, mountain views, historic sites, or local foodie spots.
When you join Unsettled Lebanon, you are joining a retreat for and by Unsettled alumni. The days themselves will be curated but flexible; the nights unscripted and filled with possibility. You’ll balance between uniquely crafted local experiences by our friends and alumni, and time to dive into the city’s world-class food, culture, architecture, history, and yes, rooftop garden parties.
Upcoming dates TBA
Location: Lebanon | Limit: 12 People
Early Bird: Alumni $1500+ / Regular $1750+
Standard: Alumni $1650+ / Regular $1900+
For the first few nights, we will stay in Beirut in a beautiful beachside hotel where you will have a private (or shared, your choice) room and rooftop pool patio in a unique, centrally located neighborhood that has limitless restaurants, cafes, bars, and nightlife to explore. On day 5, we go on a collective road trip, where we stay in a locally owned, boutique hotels along the way in shared rooms. You’re not a twenty-year-old back-packer. We get it. We provide everything you need to stay comfortable and connected during your stay.
Unsettled Lebanon is an experience best viewed through the eyes of our local ambassadors. We have designed this experience to put them in the drivers seat with you riding shotgun. We will host family-style dinners with them and eat their favorite local dish. They’ll show us their beloved country’s history whether its recent events or 2,000 year old temples. We’ll drink wine. Hangout on their terraces. And go party with them. When you live Unsettled in Lebanon, experience life how our locals live.
Unsettled’s community is made up of intellectually curious solo travelers who seek a more meaningful form of travel. We challenge each other to live, work, create and explore differently. There’s nowhere that’s more true than in Lebanon, where two worlds are destined to collide: our vibrant Lebanese alumni community who have been on nearly every Unsettled retreat we’ve ever held, and you! Unsettled Lebanon has a maximum of 12 spaces – they’re kept small to be more curated, more flexible, and more intimate with each other and our local community in Lebanon.
The Unsettled (Un)Itinerary:
The Place: Arrival, Getting Settled & Navigating.
✓ Airport pickups on arrival
✓ A private or shared room in our boutique accommodations across the week.
✓Unsettled curation of our local community’s favorite cafes, bars, galleries, experiences and more.
✓ A meaningful introduction to your community this week as well as a contextual understanding of Beirut and Lebanon
The People: Connecting With Community.
✓ Unsettled’s Lebanon Ambassador to connect you to this city, country, and its people.
✓ A diverse and curated community of professionals explore work and life with this week.
✓ Locally curated dinners hosted by our alumni community in Lebanon
The Purpose: Day-To-Day Exploration.
✓ Daily experiences, events, walks, talks and local visits to eat, think, and explore your way through Lebanon
✓ A 3-day road trip across the country to visit vineyards, a 2,000 year old temple, cedar forests, and meet our community along the way.
Unsettled: Lebanon Journey…
- This experience is a social adventure through the many different sides of Lebanon. You will talk, eat, and drink your way through Lebanon as we explore several regions, each with its own appeal, charm, and communities ready to welcome you.
- For the first few days, we explore all that Beirut has to offer, or all that we can fit into a few 24 hour periods. We will walk the city’s streets with local historians; host dinner parties with themed evenings on topics of family, history, culture, food, and wine; and discover why many say Beirut has the best nightlife in the region.
- Following Beirut, it’s time for a road trip. We leave the city life and explore northwards, along the Mediterranean coast, stopping in small ports for good food, walks through a 7,000 year old town, and a taste (or few) of Lebanon’s wine.
- The road trip continues inland as we explore the mountains, cedars, and hikes in nature before we make our way to one of the most impressive Roman Temples still standing in the world today, where we just might eat and dream like gods.
- All of this is just half of the charm of Lebanon though. Each day we will hangout with locals. Whether Unsettled alumni host us for meals, invite us into their businesses, or bring their friends out to meet us, we will see the country by living alongside them for the week. Welcome to Lebanon, Unsettled style.
Unsettled is a community for those who refuse to settle in their pursuit of growth, meaning, and adventure. We bring together creatives, entrepreneurs, artists, freelancers, and the intellectually curious misfits from over 80 countries who seek to replace routine with adventure in destinations around the world.
Our experiences are not itinerary-driven. Rather, we provide a platform for you to explore, connect, and discover a new destination at your own pace. With a calendar full of events to choose from, local experts to connect you to the city, and a curated community to explore with, Unsettled is a shared experience for people who don’t do group travel.
Our Guiding Philosophy
To guide people on a quest of life, meaning and adventure. Fuel inspiration, exploration and discovery of the world around us. Create value that enriches and improves the human experience. Seek purpose and meaning, wherever it may lie. Aspire to always push the boundaries of the unknown. Think differently about tomorrow, and seize the opportunities today that will make it possible.