When you join Moleskine and Unsettled in Bali, you travel with a purpose in mind. You are choosing to be a part of a community that shares your desire to pursue a journey of discovery, growth, and meaning through travel.
Take the time and space you need to break out of your routine and redefine what productivity means for you. In Bali we mix work and play, with the intention of letting your curiosity lead you into a creative state of mind.
Bali has its reputation for a reason. Artist, anthropologists, and now digital nomads have flocked here to learn first hand how this island’s sense of mystery permeates all parts of life. We will explore how Bali’s natural, spiritual, and philosophical world manifests itself and dive in to what this all means for you.
One month. One Island. Your blank canvas. From the moment you arrive, we provide a platform for you to experience Bali in a meaningful and intentional way, and inspire your creative process.
From our base in Ubud, we will explore this creative paradise and its unique mix of spirituality, philosophy, and nature. Expect evening dinner conversations and facilitated workshops to inspire your creative processes; spontaneous adventures and time for reflection; and finally, endless opportunities for growth, connection, and learning. As organizers, we facilitate and help schedule many of these, but you choose your focus and what you do with your spare time. We keep the structure flexible – so you can work when you need to.
We bring together a curated community of professionals – from artists and entrepreneurs to coaches and consultants – who are interested in co-creating an experience that will inspire their creative process. You will share knowledge, insights, and skills with like-minded peers who hold a wealth of experience far deeper than just their careers, and join a growing community of Unsettled alum spread out over 80 countries around the world.
For me, this entire year has been dedicated to stepping out of my comfort zone, pushing my limits and development as a human being. Unsettled was the cherry on top to my “Year of New” and I would have never dreamed that I would meet such an amazing group of people. They truly made the experience for me greater than I could ever imagine.
It was an extraordinary experience, one that left me feeling affirmed, motivated and inspired. I’ve never experienced group travel in the way that Unsettled does it, and the co-curation of our time together made it so much more than just a trip. When I would tell friends and family about Unsettled, the consistent response was “this experience sounds tailor made for you.”
In 2014, I took a leap of faith. I decided to take a month-long leave from work and join 30 strangers on an island 10,000 kilometers from my home in Rio. For those 30 days in Bali, I worked in one of the most inspiring, productive, and fulfilling environments I could ever imagine. It showed me what was possible.
MORE INFORMATION AND DETAILS
- A private king-sized room with en-suite bathroom in our boutique villa, including breakfast.
- A full-time workspace to be productive, get creative, and reimagine what’s possible in a week, month, year, or lifetime.
- A fully dedicated team of experience leaders and local experts to support your journey + all the little extras: Local SIM card, airport pickups upon arrival, location guides, wifi connectivity, and plenty more.
- A curated community of diverse and international professionals peers who hold a wealth of experience far deeper than their careers.
- A calendar of events with community sessions, dinner parties, happy hours, local experiences, facilitated workshops, excursions, and more.
- Regular unstructured time and space for you to live, work, and adventure your way.
- An original Moleskine | Unsettled program of creative sessions, workshops, and discussions designed to support your creative practices.
- Purposely designed moments for mobile inspiration and personal reflection.
- A tailored set of Moleskine | Unsettled tools and objects to help you document and record your journey.
MOLESKINE CREATIVE RETREAT APPLICATION
Ready to join us? Then we’re ready for you. The first step to joining a Moleskine Creative Retreat is to share with us a little more information about yourself. Our team will then be in touch to explain the next steps and get you on your trip.