Amit Gupta

Homebase:
As with many people who come on Unsettled trips, I’m undecided in this area. I grew up in Connecticut in the USA, lived for several years in New York City and San Francisco, and spent several of the past few years living in different places for 1-3 months at a time. I think the next year or two for me maybe about paying attention to places that are calling to me as a more permanent home base (if I had to choose in this instant, I might choose Kauai). But either way, exploring new places will likely always be a part of my life.

Unsettled destination:
Bali, Indonesia

What do you do for work?
I’m writing science fiction! Most of my career has been about creating fun, quirky, personality-driven businesses. I love making stuff. After selling my last business several years ago, I took some time off and decided to try a different direction. I did (and still do) a small amount of startup investing and advising. But most of my time I spend on writing now. It’s a new thing for me, and very challenging.

What makes you feel most alive?
Being on a board with a wave bearing down on me. Getting in a deep flow state in my work. Being so engrossed in a conversation I lose track of time and place.

What does adventure mean to you?
For me it’s about being open to new experiences and living a creative, intentional life. Starting a new business is an adventure, learning how to write fiction is an adventure, raising kids in an unconventional, inventive way could be an adventure. Adventure doesn’t have to be about travel or extreme experiences, but about doing things your way instead of the ‘normal’ way.

I joined Unsettled because…
I’ve traveled solo plenty, but more recently tried some co-living/co-working spots and really enjoyed the sense of community. I’d heard good things about Unsettled from a friend and figured I’d give it a go! I have loved the people it’s given me an opportunity to meet.

What Next? Explore Unsettled!

Discover the Experience

Ready To Join Us?

Explore our Locations

Unsettled is a global community for those who live and work differently. 

Growth | Meaning | Adventure