Home // Unsettled | Our Community // Profiles // Mira Houballah

Homebase:

I’m a Lebanese based in Dubai.

Unsettled Destination: 

Cape Town

What do you do for work?

I’m a management consultant.

When do you feel most alive?

Going out of my comfort zone makes me feel alive. There’s always that one moment where my body is taken over by a rush of emotions. Our brain automatically associates those emotions with fear. Being afraid makes me feel alive… because in that moment right after, when I push through, I’m free.
Free from myself mainly, from that same brain that interpreted those emotions as fear, free from my own limitations.

What does adventure mean to you?

Escaping what is ordinary to me.

Why did you join Unsettled?

I wanted to disconnect from everything familiar in order to reconnect with myself, to explore the boundaries of my thoughts and emotions and learn to enjoy them rather than hide and run away from them. I wanted to teach myself that in this crazy overwhelming, yet beautiful world we live in, time can still be in my favor. I wanted to be still whilst lighting up the fire inside my soul, mind and heart. I wanted to indulge in the moment, instead of merely being present.

What does living Unsettled mean to you?

“Living Unsettled to me means allowing my curiosity to take the lead and to ask others the questions I usually ask myself: why you are the way you are, what keeps you up at night, what inspires you, what limits you, what fills yours heart, what has changed you… Maybe living unsettled is actually settling down, in my own journey.”

What Next? Explore Unsettled!

Discover the Experience

Ready To Join Us?

Explore our Locations

Unsettled is a global community for those who value meaningful human connection. 

Growth | Meaning | Adventure