Tina Zee

Homebase:
Bouncing around the US

Work:
Exploring. I prefer to play šŸ™‚

Passions:
Animals, Connection/Community, Contribution, Romance, Nature, Exploration, Travel, Adventure, Fun

What are you looking for out of the Unsettled Global Community?
Connection/Community, Exploration, Fun

Whatā€™s one of the most challenging things youā€™ve ever done?
I quit my job … the job that provided me financial stability and good benefits. And the job that had been sucking the life out of me. I decided to make a drastic change in my life and I sold my car, got out of my apartment, released about 90% of my belongings, bought a one-way ticket out of the US, and left. All of that was very much out of my comfort zone, but I knew I had to do it. Itā€™s been almost 3 years and it has been challenging. But, Iā€™ve never regretted that decision.

Whatā€™s one of the most Unsettled things youā€™ve ever done?
Iā€™m doing it now. Iā€™m choosing me. When I left my job and life in LA, my intention was to explore, be open to new opportunities, have fun and really LIVE my life, not just exist. Things happened with family that took me off track and then the pandemic. Iā€™ve struggled with the belief that the responsible thing to do now is get a ā€œjobā€ again for financial reasons. Iā€™ve had great life coaches, Kathy and Greg, helping me and Iā€™ve done a lot of self-reflection work and I decided to have Faith and choose me. Iā€™m giving myself the opportunity to embrace my original intention. I deserve it. So Iā€™ve left LA and have started my exploration with a visit to my cousinā€™s farm. And boy has this visit been an adventure! Farm work is no joke!!! And then from here, Iā€™ll head out to meet my half brother and his kids I just found out about a month ago! Thatā€™s a whole other story and Iā€™m super excited! šŸ˜€

What does ā€œremote lifestyleā€ mean to you?
Remote Lifestyle means Freedom. Not being confined, tied down, restricted. Not just physically, but mentally, emotionally and spiritually too. At this point in my life, movement and creativity is very important to me. A remote lifestyle allows for the unknown to present itself. And that is both liberating and scary. Enter, Faith.Ā 

How your voluntary experience change your perspective on the world?
Iā€™ve been an active volunteer most of my adult life … youth mentor, disaster relief, fundraiser, special events, food pantries. When you hear people say they feel like they got so much more value from the experience than the recipients, it is true. There are sooo many different ways and opportunities to volunteer. Itā€™s a great way to help others, learn new skills, and meet people.Ā 

Iā€™ve done 2 volunteer disaster relief deployments with the American Red Cross. The first was in 2005 in Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina and then 2020 in Oregon for the wildfires. They were 2 very different experiences, and yet, very similar. Assisting with disaster relief efforts requires a lot of flexibility. Things will change from day to day, minute to minute. I met some wonderful volunteers from across the US and locally, met some challenging volunteers I donā€™t care to work with again (thatā€™s life), had some meaningful conversations with clients, listened to some heartbreaking stories, saw the despair on our clientsā€™ faces, felt the gratitude and frustration from our clients, witnessed the joy and return of energy in some clients when they were able to return home (knowing they had a home), saw the impact of a simple meal, made some new friends, laughed with clients and volunteers, cried, and I received many lessons in patience and compassion.Ā 

During both disasters, clients shared their gratitude and amazement, that people would put a pause on their own lives, and travel from other states, just to help them. So it reminded me that every role has an impact. No role is small. Weā€™re all pieces of a gigantic puzzle, and every piece is needed to complete it.Ā 

What Next? Explore Unsettled!

Discover the Experience

Ready To Join Us?

Explore our Locations

Unsettled is a global community for those who value meaningful human connection.Ā 

Growth | Meaning | Adventure